Thursday, September 14, 2006

An Invitation

Lately I've had on my mind this whole idea that God's inviting us to be a part of something bigger than ourselves. I haven't really written much about it on here but it's been coming up for me on a pretty regular basis. Most recently I preached a sermon about it this past Sunday so I thought I'd share it with you. You can hear it here if you like, or you can read a rough text here. I'm not usually a fan, but I kind of enjoyed it this time. It's easy when you're preaching from your heart. The Sunday after we got back from Namibia, I stood up and shared a little bit about what I'd been learning. When I was done I realized how easy and natural it was (compared to my previous preaching ventures) because I was just sharing my heart. So this time around I decided to prepare a little differently and just speak from my heart. And like I said, I enjoyed this so much more, and from the feedback I got, so did everyone else. I hope you do as well. Peace

4 comments:

germaine said...

As I told you on Sunday, it was the best I've heard you preach yet, and God definitely spoke to others through you... some that are still trying to figure out what true faith and relationship with God is all about... and I think that is even cooler!! I am glad you took the opportunity this time!

btw... I stole your notes for the ccnh site... :-)

Love ~G

Anonymous said...

Hey Michael Knight! So I just got finished listening to your sermon, Amanda made me.. of course not that I didn't want to listen to it already :) Mind you this is the SECOND time in the past two days she has listened to it.. as her roomate.. I must say I'm starting to get concerned.. I might have to pry her away from it if she breaks it out again! Anyways, you did awesome and I really enjoyed listening to you speak while we painted our nails, yea... so we opted not to go for the club scene thing and instead replaced it with quality Wal-Mart time and nail painting, it's BBC classic from what I hear! Well anyways, props again on the sermon! Have an awesome week, only 5 days till we venture UP there to good ole' NH!
~Alyssa White

Meg said...

Hey Mikey! Glad to read an update on ya. I will listen to your sermon when I am not at work...can't wait to hear it!!!

Wish I was going to see you this weekend );!

Anonymous said...

Hey Mike--it's been a while! I was just checking out your website and decided to read your sermon. It was awesome--thanks for putting it on there. It just echoes what our pastors have been preaching here at Cornerstone. Some pretty life revolutionizing stuff. Sounds like God is doing some of the same stuff all around the world!