Saturday, November 17, 2007

The Voice in the Wilderness

I often find I connect most with God when in the midst of creation. I know, it's not some grand revelation unique to me. Many of the great forefathers of the faith met with God in the wilderness, but it still feels like a grand secret between God and me. From the sand dunes of Lake Michigan, to the rolling hills of the Kentucky horse farms, to the extravagantly colored hills of the Smokey Mountains in peak foliage, God proclaims His glory through what we see all around us, though often times we're going by too fast to stop and notice it. I wish I had cool photos that could capture it all to share with you, but nothing would quite compare, so it'll remain my little secret, until you drive Rt 40 in early-November.

"Through everything God made, they can clearly see his invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature." ~Romans 1:20

"The heavens proclaim the glory of God. The skies display his craftsmanship." ~ Psalm 19:1

3 comments:

germaine said...

over the next year you will have so many more opportunities to be in the wilderness, but I think it's cool that you've taken the time to travel around visiting friends & family and finding new places to be hangin' with God in your secret sweet spots... I love going to places I've never been & just soaking Him in...

to quote Jesse in just about every conversation I've had with he & Lisa over the past few weeks... and I am quite happy to say there have been many, it's so nice to have them living in Milford... "Wishes are for pagans"... :) In my case it always starts out with "That's your problem right there..." but I know your problem has been availability & what options do you really want... :)

See you soon!!

Love ~G

mike said...

"i wish" meaning, "it would've been nice but to bad for you."

germaine said...

yea, I just had Jesse run through my brain when I read it... that's gotta stop!! it's kind of scarey!! :)

Lisa & I are worried about their future children's friends... :)

More often then not when I want to capture something like that, I look at the picture and think back to how much more beautiful it was to be there...

Love ~G