Saturday, June 23, 2007

Take six

Other than my fam, I think my longest standing relationship is God. I don't really keep up with any of my grade school friends, and I first met God before I came to Christ's Church so He even beats them out. And I must say I'm more confident now than ever that He is completely trustworthy, totally sovereign, and loves me more than anything. It's wild being in relationship with someone who has absolutely no faults, because I have nothing to relate it to; it's foreign to me, but that's the reality of it. It's wild feeling like I'm wrapped up in the hugmongous arms of God. It feels safe. Fear looses all it's power. And that makes me smile.

Less than 48 hours and I'm off once again to one of my favorite places on earth, Namibia, Africa. We're gone June 25th through July 12th (no that doesn't mean you can come vandalize my house!!!) with 18 people, 36 bags, 3 guitars, and a partrige and a pear tree. But to tell the truth, I've been ready to go for most of the week. Not actually ready to go, but ready to be there. All the sights, and smells, and tastes come flooding back and I know it's time to go. So I invite you to join us, not on the airplane, but on the blogsite. Check out our team blogsite at...

www.namibia2007.blogspot.com

and follow all the action for yourself. We'll post pics and videos, tell stories of what's going on, and best of all, you can leave me little comments that I'll get to read while we're there. But most of all we'd love your prayers, for my teammates, for the people we'll minister to, and for me to be bold and open to learn what God has for me. Thanks for all your support. Signing off, for the next 3 weeks (not like I actually write that often anyway).

3 comments:

amanda said...

campfires! and stars! dieter, joan and richard! driving on the left side of the road! namibian hot chocolate! the warm sun! sunrises! journaling! the kids! having dirty feet all the time from the sand! and that feeling when you first get there and feel like you finally made it home...

lets's go :-)

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

okay... you say you dont keep up with your gradeschool friends.
what am i? chopped LIVER!?!? hahaha
plus, may i add that i found tim desrosiers and IMMEDIATELY forwarded his page to you.... i mean really michael. hahaha
~elisa

ashley said...

we've been thinking about you mikey...and praying for you.